PPT with all notes to Notability

I am a PA student who uses my iPad for school and many of our professors use PPTs to deliver lectures, and put important additional information in the notes sections of PPTs. I used to be able to press “Air Print” (with no intent of ever printing, but it was the only way I could figure out how to format this way) select the layout as one slide per page with the notes underneath. Then press the send and select Notability.

Recently that option for layout has been removed, so I don’t know how to send my PPTs with the notes and space for written notes to Notability, like I used to be able to do.

The work around I used to use was never perfect as it would cut off the PPT notes. It would be AWESOME if there was a fix for both of those issues:

1. Exporting PPTs with notes to Notability
  2. With that export making sure all of the notes are transferred and not cut off

Help please!

iPad Air

Posted on Aug 11, 2023 9:24 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apr 8, 2024 7:15 PM in response to PAstudent

Hi! I'm also in PA school and came across the same problem to the point i stopped using notability and just took notes on my laptop, directly on the powerpoint...

But I finally found a workaround:

You need a computer to do it as far as I know, but essentially I would download the powerpoint to my files on Mac, select "print", and just save as a PDF making sure to choose the format with the notes section underneath. If the notes section is really long for a slide, then it will make it into two pages so that its not cut off. It works well for me. I'll save the new PDF specifically to an icloud folder that I can access on my iPad so i dont always have to air drop.

Best wishes out there on the path to righteousness 🤙

PPT with all notes to Notability

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.