Help! AirPort Time Capsule - Data Recovery

HELP - Looking to pull family photos off an old Apple AirPort Time Capsule, but can’t remember my old Apple password from years ago.

Background : Approximately six+ years ago we moved houses and during the process we upgraded from a Mac mini with an AirPort Time Capsule to a 27 inch iMac. When we moved data over from the Mini, to the iMac, we never reinstalled the Time Capsule since the iMac had so much storage.

Fast forward to now and we realize all of our baby photos are on the time capsule. I connected it to the iMac but it wants my Apple password from back when we unplugged it, to unlock it. I’ve changed the password multiple times over the years.

Is there anyway to get around the password to retrieve the data? Apple has record of my time capsule purchase and registration, so there shouldn’t be much doubt the data is mine.

Any assistance you can provide, would be greatly appreciated!! Family photos are priceless.

Thank You!!

Time Capsule

Posted on Aug 11, 2023 12:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2023 12:57 PM

You can temporarily disable all of the Time Capsule's passwords by performing a "soft" reset on it. This type of reset does not affect any data on it.

Ref: How to reset your AirPort base station - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Help! AirPort Time Capsule - Data Recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.