How do I get rid of the iMessage app bar FOREVER

The "app drawer" is redundant and poorly located. My large thumbs cannot avoid striking the photos or apps tab at least once every time I strike any of the top row characters, q-w-e-r-t-y...etc.

How can this tab be permanently turned off, deleted or hidden.

(I am not willing to turn it off every time I tap out a message).

This question was asked previously by another user and never answered appropriately

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 11, 2023 12:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2023 12:59 PM

Tap on the gray App Store icon next to the Message box to turn it off. It should not turn on again, unless you tap on that icon again.

click here ➜ Use iMessage apps in Messages on iPhone - Manage Apps - Apple Support

You can also remove all apps from the bar except for Photos, App Store and Memoji, and the (...) More bubble at the end. You can tap on the more bubble and then on Edit to remove all removable apps from favorites and turn off all apps so they don't appear on the bar.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2023 12:59 PM in response to mannyortiz

Tap on the gray App Store icon next to the Message box to turn it off. It should not turn on again, unless you tap on that icon again.

click here ➜ Use iMessage apps in Messages on iPhone - Manage Apps - Apple Support

You can also remove all apps from the bar except for Photos, App Store and Memoji, and the (...) More bubble at the end. You can tap on the more bubble and then on Edit to remove all removable apps from favorites and turn off all apps so they don't appear on the bar.

How do I get rid of the iMessage app bar FOREVER

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.