You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have problems charging up my ICOCA with my apple pay

even though i've used the same debit card (WISE visa) to set up ICOCA in my apple pay (so i do not possess a physical one) and to top up once before...can someone help me resolve this challenge please?

(i pressed the wrong device, i am using an iphone 13)

iPhone 7

Posted on Aug 12, 2023 6:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2023 5:09 PM

ICOCA is having the most problems right now. Non-JP issue VISA credit cards are not working with Suica, PASMO and ICOCA but non-JP Mastercard stopped working for ICOCA the past few days (still works for Suica and PASMO). As for debit cards DKB is the only one currently working reliably for Suica, PASMO and ICOCA.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 12, 2023 5:09 PM in response to Norahsh

ICOCA is having the most problems right now. Non-JP issue VISA credit cards are not working with Suica, PASMO and ICOCA but non-JP Mastercard stopped working for ICOCA the past few days (still works for Suica and PASMO). As for debit cards DKB is the only one currently working reliably for Suica, PASMO and ICOCA.

Aug 12, 2023 3:52 PM in response to Jeff Donald

I went to the international help desk at one of the stations and was directed to the help desk next door which directed me to call…but I don’t speak Japanese so I thought I’ll try with all the online resources I can. There are some forums mention only JCB cards work which in my case, since I’ve used the card I’ve “always” used that’s visa, this is not exactly true. However yesterday I managed to put my JCB card into my Apple wallet and it worked immediately to charge up my ICOCA…..

i have problems charging up my ICOCA with my apple pay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.