Removing every file from my studio mac Apple Music app

first Time Machine install of my Big Sur OS ITL did not go well on Ventura 13.5. I need to get rid of this install and start again

Posted on Aug 12, 2023 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2023 12:07 PM

Big Sur runs Music, not iTunes, so reconnecting to an iTunes Library.itl file that was on your Big Sur machine may revert to an older version of your database. It will probably be best to restore the entire ~/Music folder from the Time Machine backup of your Big Sur machine, then hold down Option when starting Music to select the restored database package at ~/Music/Music/Music Library.musiclibrary.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2023 12:07 PM in response to Richard Strachan1

Big Sur runs Music, not iTunes, so reconnecting to an iTunes Library.itl file that was on your Big Sur machine may revert to an older version of your database. It will probably be best to restore the entire ~/Music folder from the Time Machine backup of your Big Sur machine, then hold down Option when starting Music to select the restored database package at ~/Music/Music/Music Library.musiclibrary.

tt2

Removing every file from my studio mac Apple Music app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.