Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Child profile in adult Ipad

Hi. I have my own Ipad. Can I define a specific user login so that my children can use the same ipad with specific parental controls such as time use and app access limitation? Thank you.

iPad Pro (2nd generation)

Posted on Aug 12, 2023 9:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 10:16 AM

Outside of Educational and Enterprise establishments, iPad and iPhone are principally intended to be a single-user device - and are not intended to shared in the same manner as you may be accustomed when using a Windows PC or Mac computer - which has multiple user profiles/accounts.

For managed environments, where multi-user usage is possible, the Deployment Guide provides appropriate guidance.

Shared iPad overview – Apple Support

For unmanaged environments, be aware that if you sign-out of iCloud and other Apple services - and allow another user to sign-in - you’ll not be able to change back for 90-days. So as to prevent account abuse, some critical Apple services will only allow one change of signed-in AppleID (on a device) in a 90-day period.

In conclusion, unless you fully understand and accept the implications, you would be well advised to reconsider any attempt to share your iPad with another user.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2023 10:16 AM in response to Conti

Outside of Educational and Enterprise establishments, iPad and iPhone are principally intended to be a single-user device - and are not intended to shared in the same manner as you may be accustomed when using a Windows PC or Mac computer - which has multiple user profiles/accounts.

For managed environments, where multi-user usage is possible, the Deployment Guide provides appropriate guidance.

Shared iPad overview – Apple Support

For unmanaged environments, be aware that if you sign-out of iCloud and other Apple services - and allow another user to sign-in - you’ll not be able to change back for 90-days. So as to prevent account abuse, some critical Apple services will only allow one change of signed-in AppleID (on a device) in a 90-day period.

In conclusion, unless you fully understand and accept the implications, you would be well advised to reconsider any attempt to share your iPad with another user.

Child profile in adult Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.