Can u connect two homepods to apple tv without earc TV?

Hi, I don't really understand the whole eARC TV thing. Just one question, that I wasn't able to answer myself.

Can you connect two Homepods as Stereo to your Apple TV 4K 2. Gen? Because I unfortunately do not own a TV with eARC, yet. Working on upgrading my setup tho.

Thank you for any help.

Regards

Posted on Aug 12, 2023 9:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2023 10:22 AM

Yes you can, same as any other AirPlay speaker or audio system, even a little better than others (stick as default). Use HomePod with Apple TV 4K - Apple Support

[The ARC/eARC feature is for also using these HomePods for content not originating through the Apple TV box, i.e. from other TV inputs. In other words, making your Apple TV box into the audio system for the TV. Use HDMI ARC or eARC with your Apple TV 4K - Apple Support.]

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2023 10:22 AM in response to Max_Adolphs

Yes you can, same as any other AirPlay speaker or audio system, even a little better than others (stick as default). Use HomePod with Apple TV 4K - Apple Support

[The ARC/eARC feature is for also using these HomePods for content not originating through the Apple TV box, i.e. from other TV inputs. In other words, making your Apple TV box into the audio system for the TV. Use HDMI ARC or eARC with your Apple TV 4K - Apple Support.]

Can u connect two homepods to apple tv without earc TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.