Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Animals screensaver disappeared after updating apple tv os

I updated my apple tv OS and now animals with all the other menus for shot on iPhone etc have also disappeared.

Please bring them back or revert my OS.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Posted on Aug 12, 2023 1:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 3:53 AM

(‘Themes’ only applies to Aerial screen saver clips, not other screen saver selections.)

Your option for Apple Photos is indeed missing in the ‘Type’ interface. Not sure how that can happen; it should always be there, afaik. Please try force-quitting the Settings app, then restart the Apple TV box (Settings﹥System﹥Restart). Then try again.

The Apple Photos are loaded from Apple’s servers, so the box needs to be online. Please verify internet connectivity.

* Apple Photos option on my Apple TV box.

If the issue persists after the new restart, then please contact the Apple Support staff.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2023 3:53 AM in response to Vandana Sachdeva

(‘Themes’ only applies to Aerial screen saver clips, not other screen saver selections.)

Your option for Apple Photos is indeed missing in the ‘Type’ interface. Not sure how that can happen; it should always be there, afaik. Please try force-quitting the Settings app, then restart the Apple TV box (Settings﹥System﹥Restart). Then try again.

The Apple Photos are loaded from Apple’s servers, so the box needs to be online. Please verify internet connectivity.

* Apple Photos option on my Apple TV box.

If the issue persists after the new restart, then please contact the Apple Support staff.

Aug 12, 2023 6:21 PM in response to Urquhart1244

tvOS 16.6(20M73)

please see photos of what screensaver menus look like.

Themes is unresponsive and what I am looking for is just the animals screensaver.

While you are helping resolve this. Could you please add a feature request.

When the device restarts please remember the users selected screensaver and not default to Aerial.

Ii have to manually change my screensaver each time and on some Apple TVs (I have a few in the house) the screensaver takes a while to load, approx 10-15seconds.

Animals screensaver disappeared after updating apple tv os

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.