Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

How can i change my Apple ID. ?

I want to change my Apple ID

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 12, 2023 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2023 5:30 PM

Here's how you change the email address (Apple ID) you use for your Apple Account while retaining everything in your account:

1. Go to https://appleid.apple.com and sign in.

2. In the Sign-In and Security section, choose Apple ID.

3. Enter the email address that you want to use as your Apple ID.

4. Choose Change Apple ID.

5. If you changed your Apple ID to a third-party email address, check your email for a verification code, then enter the code. Learn what to do if you didn't get the email. --> If you didn't receive your verification or reset email - Apple Support

6. If you use services like iCloud or Messages to share with friends and colleagues, sign in to those services with your updated Apple ID. --> What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

For more details, read the document: "Change your Apple ID" --> Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

If Apple tries sending you a verification email and you do not receive it, read this support article --> If you didn't receive your verification or reset email - Apple Support

"When you make certain updates to your Apple ID, we’ll send you an email to help you complete the update. For example, you might have reset your password, reset your security questions, or added a new email address to your account."

If you find you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery (go to this document: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support ) to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity.

If necessary, contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security --> Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

"This article provides country-specific Apple Support contact information for customers seeking help with their Apple ID password or other security-related issues."

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2023 5:30 PM in response to Myultrasound

Here's how you change the email address (Apple ID) you use for your Apple Account while retaining everything in your account:

1. Go to https://appleid.apple.com and sign in.

2. In the Sign-In and Security section, choose Apple ID.

3. Enter the email address that you want to use as your Apple ID.

4. Choose Change Apple ID.

5. If you changed your Apple ID to a third-party email address, check your email for a verification code, then enter the code. Learn what to do if you didn't get the email. --> If you didn't receive your verification or reset email - Apple Support

6. If you use services like iCloud or Messages to share with friends and colleagues, sign in to those services with your updated Apple ID. --> What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

For more details, read the document: "Change your Apple ID" --> Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

If Apple tries sending you a verification email and you do not receive it, read this support article --> If you didn't receive your verification or reset email - Apple Support

"When you make certain updates to your Apple ID, we’ll send you an email to help you complete the update. For example, you might have reset your password, reset your security questions, or added a new email address to your account."

If you find you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery (go to this document: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support ) to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity.

If necessary, contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security --> Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

"This article provides country-specific Apple Support contact information for customers seeking help with their Apple ID password or other security-related issues."

How can i change my Apple ID. ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.