Apple ID recovery key

Hello my iPhone 13 Pro Max was stolen from me and I can’t log in to my Apple ID without my recovery key and I can’t find it anywhere I’ve tried three different ones that I have saved and none work what do I do I am trying to get my insurance and get a replacement phone but can’t put in lost mode because I can’t log in please help!!!

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 12, 2023 8:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2023 8:39 PM

Do you have another Apple device that you are currently logged into with that exact same Apple ID? if so, then you can go to settings, your name at the top, password & security, recovery key, and reset the recovery key there.

If you are not currently logged in to an Apple device and you forget your recovery key then unfortunately there's no way to recover that Apple ID.

You can read more about the recovery key here: How to generate a recovery key - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2023 8:39 PM in response to nathen256

Do you have another Apple device that you are currently logged into with that exact same Apple ID? if so, then you can go to settings, your name at the top, password & security, recovery key, and reset the recovery key there.

If you are not currently logged in to an Apple device and you forget your recovery key then unfortunately there's no way to recover that Apple ID.

You can read more about the recovery key here: How to generate a recovery key - Apple Support

Aug 12, 2023 8:47 PM in response to nathen256

"Apple ID recovery key: Hello my iPhone 13 Pro Max was stolen from me and I can’t log in to my Apple ID without my recovery key and I can’t find it anywhere I’ve tried three different ones that I have saved and none work what do I do I am trying to get my insurance and get a replacement phone but can’t put in lost mode because I can’t log in please help!!!"

-------

Troubleshooting Apple ID Recovery Key:

A. Links to Use:

B. Verify the Status of your Request:

At any time, you can see how long it will be until your account is ready for recovery, or when more information will be available. Just go to iforgot.apple.com and enter your Apple ID.

Apple ID recovery key

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.