How to restore call history deleted after an update

After an update, call log history was deleted

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 12, 2023 8:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2023 8:21 PM

DCol@ Said:

"How to restore call history deleted after an update: After an update, call log history was deleted"

-------

Based on personal experience...

Recovering Call History:

A. Restore from Today's Backup:

Restore your iPhone from a backup of it that contains the Call History, and you could recover them.

B. Log into your Carrier's Site:

What happens when you log into your account on your Carrier's site? Doing so, myself, I can see my Call History unto 90 days back.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2023 8:21 PM in response to DCol@

DCol@ Said:

"How to restore call history deleted after an update: After an update, call log history was deleted"

-------

Based on personal experience...

Recovering Call History:

A. Restore from Today's Backup:

Restore your iPhone from a backup of it that contains the Call History, and you could recover them.

B. Log into your Carrier's Site:

What happens when you log into your account on your Carrier's site? Doing so, myself, I can see my Call History unto 90 days back.

Jun 9, 2024 3:01 PM in response to JPGII

JPGII Said:

Verizon is our carrier and they do not allow you to see/view/hear voice messages. My phone was also backed up via iCloud, but apparently VM's not stored there.[…]

———-

Obtaining Voicemail on iCloud:

You can’t. Voicemail is not stored in iCloud. It is stored in your Carrier’s server. So, check your Carrier’s site for this. See here: What does iCloud Back Ip? - Apple Support

Jun 9, 2024 1:32 PM in response to DCol@

I had the same issue after updating to OS 17.51 - all old voice mails disappeared.

Contacted Apple tech support, and here's what they recommended:

"Let's try to reset network settings on your device so please Tap Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Resetting network settings resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, as well as cellular and VPN settings that the customer has used before."

This restored my old VM's that were previously missing. Hard reset my phone 2x, that did not help (prior to contacting Apple).

Verizon is our carrier and they do not allow you to see/view/hear voice messages. My phone was also backed up via iCloud, but apparently VM's not stored there.

Good luck.

How to restore call history deleted after an update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.