How to remove “important battery message” notification?

I have just recently change the batter of my iphone, since than a notification appears which says “important batter message “. I want to remove this notification, how to do it?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 12, 2023 10:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2023 11:00 PM

1. Check Battery Health: Go to "Settings" on your iPhone and scroll down to "Battery." Tap on "Battery Health" to see the current state of your battery.
  2. Review Battery Health: In the Battery Health section, you'll see information about your battery's Maximum Capacity and Peak Performance Capability. If your battery health is significantly degraded, it might trigger the "Important Battery Message."
  3. Options for Removal: If your battery health is significantly affected, Apple might recommend that you contact them for service. However, if you've recently replaced the battery and you're sure it's a genuine Apple battery, you can try the following:
    • Restart your iPhone: Sometimes, a simple restart can clear certain notifications.
    • Reset Settings: If the notification persists, you can try resetting your iPhone's settings. This won't erase your data but will reset your settings to default. Go to "Settings" > "General" > "Reset" > "Reset All Settings."
  1. Contact Apple Support: If none of the above steps work, or if your battery health is showing as normal and you're still getting the message, it's advisable to contact Apple Support. They can provide guidance on troubleshooting the issue further and ensure your device is functioning properly.

Remember, if your battery health is showing a significant decrease, it might be a sign that your replacement battery is not functioning optimally. In that case, reaching out to Apple Support or an authorized service provider might be the best course of action.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2023 11:00 PM in response to SravanKrA

1. Check Battery Health: Go to "Settings" on your iPhone and scroll down to "Battery." Tap on "Battery Health" to see the current state of your battery.
  2. Review Battery Health: In the Battery Health section, you'll see information about your battery's Maximum Capacity and Peak Performance Capability. If your battery health is significantly degraded, it might trigger the "Important Battery Message."
  3. Options for Removal: If your battery health is significantly affected, Apple might recommend that you contact them for service. However, if you've recently replaced the battery and you're sure it's a genuine Apple battery, you can try the following:
    • Restart your iPhone: Sometimes, a simple restart can clear certain notifications.
    • Reset Settings: If the notification persists, you can try resetting your iPhone's settings. This won't erase your data but will reset your settings to default. Go to "Settings" > "General" > "Reset" > "Reset All Settings."
  1. Contact Apple Support: If none of the above steps work, or if your battery health is showing as normal and you're still getting the message, it's advisable to contact Apple Support. They can provide guidance on troubleshooting the issue further and ensure your device is functioning properly.

Remember, if your battery health is showing a significant decrease, it might be a sign that your replacement battery is not functioning optimally. In that case, reaching out to Apple Support or an authorized service provider might be the best course of action.

Aug 14, 2023 7:36 AM in response to AsifKarnai

AsifKarnai wrote:

I have just recently change the batter of my iphone, since than a notification appears which says “important batter message “. I want to remove this notification, how to do it?

Who changed the battery? If it was Apple or an Authorized Apple Service Center, there is a 90-day warranty on the replacement. If it was anyone else, you will see that notification until such time as the battery is replaced by Apple or an Authorized Apple Service Center. It should not interfere with the use of the phone. However, it would let anyone you might sell the phone to that it has a part that is not OEM.

How to remove “important battery message” notification?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.