Find out owner of air tag

My ex is claiming I stalked her with an air tag. Said that it was connected to my number. I have the air tag and serial number she claimed the hotel found. I have never purchased an air tag.

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 4:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 1:46 PM

Apple provides the owner of the AirTag to put it into "Lost Mode." In this mode, the owner would have the option to include either or both their contact phone number and/or email address ... so that if someone found the tag, and placed it near their iPhone, that information would be displayed.

When an AirTag is first set up properly, it would become associated with the owner's Apple ID. The only way it would have your Apple ID (without you setting it up,) is that the person physically in possession of the tag, would know your Apple ID credentials.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2023 1:46 PM in response to stalked71

Apple provides the owner of the AirTag to put it into "Lost Mode." In this mode, the owner would have the option to include either or both their contact phone number and/or email address ... so that if someone found the tag, and placed it near their iPhone, that information would be displayed.

When an AirTag is first set up properly, it would become associated with the owner's Apple ID. The only way it would have your Apple ID (without you setting it up,) is that the person physically in possession of the tag, would know your Apple ID credentials.

Find out owner of air tag

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.