Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Accidental text delete in note -> lost note

Hello,

I just want to express my indignation with this software (Notes) which is thought with something other than brain. I just accidentally delete all text from a very important note and I could not revover it back. Seing that there's no visible option "Undo" or something similar available, I wanted to tap Flight Mode, but it was too late, it had already synced with icloud. So my note is lost for good. Still, first thing I did was to tap on the three points at the top, hoping to find such an option.

Any decent text-editing software is supposed to have an Undo option with a certain number of steps reversible. This s**t doesn't. It's hidden in the second keyboard which shows when you tap the 123 button...

I WILL recover my notes and I will uninstall Notes from all my Apple devices, it's REALLY DANGEROUS.

I will find some text-editing application without cloud, or one with some kind of user-activated save-on-the-cloud option.

iPad Air 2

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 8:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 3:59 PM

Additionally, for most (if not all) Apps, there are two swipe gestures…

• Undo the last edit: Swipe left with three fingers, then tap Undo at the top of the screen.
  • Redo the last edit: Swipe right with three fingers, then tap Redo at the top of the screen.

2 replies

Accidental text delete in note -> lost note

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.