Issue with setting payment method

Apple Support

Apple Inc.

Dear Apple Team,

Greetings! I hope you're well. I've been an Apple user for a significant time now, and I've always appreciated your seamless systems. However, I've recently encountered a hiccup, and I'm sure with your assistance, we can sort it out swiftly.

Here's the gist:

1. I've used my Turkish debit card for Apple payments for over a year with no hitches.

2. Last month, a limited amount setting on my card caused a payment failure.

3. Since then, I've been unable to reset the payment method and, as a domino effect, can't access my Mac Mini.

4. Currently, I'm in the Netherlands on business.

It's been a month with this issue, and I trust you understand the urgency. I'm confident that Apple, with its reputed customer service, can resolve this efficiently.

I kindly request your prompt assistance in resolving these challenges. My primary goals are to:

1. Successfully update or reset my payment method without facing the previous issues.
  2. Regain access to my Mac Mini without further hindrance.

Please let me know the steps to rectify this by my email address.

Looking forward to a quick resolution.

Best,

Armin Ghasemi

Mac mini

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 11:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 12:56 PM

Hello armin234,

To update your card for your Apple ID purchases, use the following steps to accomplish this: If you need to change or update your Apple ID payment method

Note: You may need to add another payment method, make that payment method your primary payment method, in order to remove the old card.

Keep in mind the following related resources:

You mentioned having issues gaining access to your Mac mini. Your payment method for your Apple ID wouldn't be relevant to losing access to your Mac mini itself. Can you further explain the issue with your Mac mini, so we're on the same page? Remember, the more we can understand about the issue, the better we can assist.

Take care.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2023 12:56 PM in response to armin234

Hello armin234,

To update your card for your Apple ID purchases, use the following steps to accomplish this: If you need to change or update your Apple ID payment method

Note: You may need to add another payment method, make that payment method your primary payment method, in order to remove the old card.

Keep in mind the following related resources:

You mentioned having issues gaining access to your Mac mini. Your payment method for your Apple ID wouldn't be relevant to losing access to your Mac mini itself. Can you further explain the issue with your Mac mini, so we're on the same page? Remember, the more we can understand about the issue, the better we can assist.

Take care.

Aug 15, 2023 7:11 AM in response to armin234

Hi armin234,

You'll want to be sure you're using the same Apple ID or iCloud account on your Mac. As the payment issue is resolved, if needed the steps to sign in on your Mac can be found here: Sign in to the App Store on Mac

Viewing your current information with the guide here can also assist: Manage your Apple ID settings on Mac - Apple Support

Cheers

Aug 15, 2023 12:34 AM in response to destiny241

Dear Apple Support Team,

Although I already was familiar with the provided steps, thank you for your prompt response.

To further clarify regarding the payment methods:

1. I possess both a physical and a virtual card from my bank, yet both have been rejected by your system.
  2. I also have a Revolut card (provided through my courier), and this too isn't being accepted.
  3. This is especially perplexing considering I've utilized these methods successfully in the past with my Apple ID, having had a seamless experience for over a year.

It's worth noting that I prefer the Turkish App Store, I'd like to continue using my country's store without any hindrance.

Regarding my Mac Mini login issue: When attempting to link the App Store to my account, I'm continually prompted for my password. Upon its entry, I'm looped back to the email input without any accompanying error message, which repeatedly prevents my access to the App Store on the device.

I trust that with this added context, we can move towards a solution. Your assistance is much appreciated, and I await further steps.

Warm regards

Issue with setting payment method

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.