How do I sign into an iPhone 6 without an Apple ID ?

I got an iPhone six for my son, but he didn't create an Apple ID, he only has an iCloud email. We are trying to erase the phone and restart it. We are in the page, we need help logging into the phone

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 12:04 PM

The phone you got was not properly reset by the previous owner, and is activation locked. This is a theft deterrent measure. You will have to contact the person that enabled activation lock and ask them to unlock it following these instructions→What to do before selling or giving away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. If you can’t contact them you will never be able to use that phone; return it for a refund.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2023 12:04 PM in response to madrid02

The phone you got was not properly reset by the previous owner, and is activation locked. This is a theft deterrent measure. You will have to contact the person that enabled activation lock and ask them to unlock it following these instructions→What to do before selling or giving away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. If you can’t contact them you will never be able to use that phone; return it for a refund.

How do I sign into an iPhone 6 without an Apple ID ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.