My new iPhone fails to recognize my Apple ID

Trying to set up my new iPhone, but it fails to recognize my Apple id

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 3:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 3:25 PM

Typically an Apple ID is an email address you have used. If you are currently using a mobile device that is logged into your account, go to Settings and tap your name at the top. Look in Keychain, and in a browser's security settings if you use it to automatically sign into Apple when using a browser.

This support article describes ways to find your Apple ID --> If you forgot your Apple ID email address or phone number - Apple Support

or go directly to this link --> https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid

If you still need help:

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security "This article provides country-specific Apple Support contact information for customers seeking help with their Apple ID password or other security-related issues."

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2023 3:25 PM in response to giselaz

Typically an Apple ID is an email address you have used. If you are currently using a mobile device that is logged into your account, go to Settings and tap your name at the top. Look in Keychain, and in a browser's security settings if you use it to automatically sign into Apple when using a browser.

This support article describes ways to find your Apple ID --> If you forgot your Apple ID email address or phone number - Apple Support

or go directly to this link --> https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid

If you still need help:

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security "This article provides country-specific Apple Support contact information for customers seeking help with their Apple ID password or other security-related issues."

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

Aug 13, 2023 3:27 PM in response to giselaz

I suggest that you first verify that there isn't any issues with your Apple ID, by signing in with it at this Apple site:

If you can successfully log into this site, then your Apple ID is not the issue ... and, if that is the case, see if the following support article can help:

Aug 13, 2023 3:26 PM in response to giselaz

What error message are you seeing?

If you changed your trusted number and not logged into any other Apple device you would need to do account recovery.

If you are logged into other apple devices with the same Apple ID you should receive your verification code on one of those devices. Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

If not, then do account recovery by going to iforgot.apple.com. Please see this: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

My new iPhone fails to recognize my Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.