Mac Restarting Automatically after shutting down and closing the lid

Automatically restarting my MacBook Air M1 even after shutting down and close the lid

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 7:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 8:14 PM

anshad50 Said:

"Mac Restarting Automatically after shutting down and closing the lid: Automatically restarting my MacBook Air M1 even after shutting down and close the lid"

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Automatic Restart After Closing the Lid:

A. Close All Apps Prior to Closing the Lid:

Close all apps, and try this once more. Use Force Quit for this. See if this applications open. If that is the case, save what need be (if possible), and then Force Quit. Attempt this once more.

1. Go To: Apple Menu
  2. Select: Force Quit...
  3. Select: An Item Ending in: “Not Responding
  4. Click: Force Quit button

B. Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, attempt another update install. For instructions, go here: How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2023 8:14 PM in response to anshad50

anshad50 Said:

"Mac Restarting Automatically after shutting down and closing the lid: Automatically restarting my MacBook Air M1 even after shutting down and close the lid"

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Automatic Restart After Closing the Lid:

A. Close All Apps Prior to Closing the Lid:

Close all apps, and try this once more. Use Force Quit for this. See if this applications open. If that is the case, save what need be (if possible), and then Force Quit. Attempt this once more.

1. Go To: Apple Menu
  2. Select: Force Quit...
  3. Select: An Item Ending in: “Not Responding
  4. Click: Force Quit button

B. Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, attempt another update install. For instructions, go here: How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Mac Restarting Automatically after shutting down and closing the lid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.