Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

IOS 16.6 Update Issues - App Lags, Phone heating up and more

I have an iPhone X, updated to 16.6 last night and have been having problems ever since the update. My phone was working fine before the update and I absolutely regret updating my phone.

My apps lag now. This never happened before this update to 16.6.

I can't even open Microsoft Edge on my phone without it crashing continuously.

Paste function doesn't work. I'm able to copy, for example, a link, but when I long press to paste the link whichever app I'm using freezes, where I then have to close the app and try over and over again.

The phone is now heating up, which was never an issue before the update.

I'm sure I'll find even more issues when I use more functions on my phone, but right now it's really really frustrating having all these issues because of an update.

iPhone X

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 3:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 9:20 AM

kiti679 wrote:

I have an iPhone X, updated to 16.6 last night and have been having problems ever since the update. My phone was working fine before the update and I absolutely regret updating my phone.

Paste function doesn't work. I'm able to copy, for example, a link, but when I long press to paste the link whichever app I'm using freezes, where I then have to close the app and try over and over again.

I'm sure I'll find even more issues when I use more functions on my phone, but right now it's really really frustrating having all these issues because of an update.

Basic troubleshooting:

Restart, Reset, Restore from backup and Restore as NEW.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2023 9:20 AM in response to kiti679

kiti679 wrote:

Basic troubleshooting:

Restart, Reset, Restore from backup and Restore as NEW.

IOS 16.6 Update Issues - App Lags, Phone heating up and more

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.