Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Apple Pencil Charging too slow.

My Apple Pencil is at 1%. Even if I charged it for more than an hour. I charged it from 0%.

Apple Pencil (1st generation)

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 2:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 2:42 AM

How are you attempting to charge your Pencil - and with which iPad model?

A first generation Apple Pencil will charge at its fastest when connected directly to the Lightning port of its host iPad. While the Pencil can be charged using from an iPad Power Adapter, charging adapter and cable, charging will be much slower.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2023 2:42 AM in response to AT639

How are you attempting to charge your Pencil - and with which iPad model?

A first generation Apple Pencil will charge at its fastest when connected directly to the Lightning port of its host iPad. While the Pencil can be charged using from an iPad Power Adapter, charging adapter and cable, charging will be much slower.

Aug 14, 2023 2:57 AM in response to AT639

See:

Pair Apple Pencil with your iPad - Apple Support

The first generation Pencil is charged and paired from iPad10 using the iPad charging cable - and an Apple USB-C to Apple Pencil Adapter:

The Pencil should charge quickly when connected directly to the iPad with the charging Adapter and the USB-C cable. When charging from the Power Adapter (again using the USB-C cable and the Pencil’s Charging Adapter), charging is much slower.

If your Pencil is not charging effectively, you would be well advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad, Pencil, Charging Adapter and cable(s):

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple Pencil Charging too slow.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.