Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Hi,I can't change my Payment method , In my phone read:You won't be charged until you make a purchase,so I can't update my what's app ...

I want to update my apps but I can't

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 7:59 AM

See this article about updating payment methods on various platforms (iPhone, Mac, etc.): If you need to change or update your Apple ID payment method - Apple Support

"If you change your address, the credit or debit card information that you use with your Apple ID might be automatically updated by your financial institution, and you don't need to take action. But if there's an issue [such as you having a subscription or being a Family Sharing Organizer], add a new card first, then remove the old card."

Here is how you update your payment method on an iPhone or iPad:

1. Open the Settings app.

2. Tap your name.

3. Tap Payment & Shipping. You might be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.

4. Tap Add Payment Method, enter the new payment method, then tap Done.

5. Tap Edit.

6. Tap the red delete button next to the old payment method, then tap Delete.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2023 7:59 AM in response to maziar215

See this article about updating payment methods on various platforms (iPhone, Mac, etc.): If you need to change or update your Apple ID payment method - Apple Support

"If you change your address, the credit or debit card information that you use with your Apple ID might be automatically updated by your financial institution, and you don't need to take action. But if there's an issue [such as you having a subscription or being a Family Sharing Organizer], add a new card first, then remove the old card."

Here is how you update your payment method on an iPhone or iPad:

1. Open the Settings app.

2. Tap your name.

3. Tap Payment & Shipping. You might be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.

4. Tap Add Payment Method, enter the new payment method, then tap Done.

5. Tap Edit.

6. Tap the red delete button next to the old payment method, then tap Delete.

Hi,I can't change my Payment method , In my phone read:You won't be charged until you make a purchase,so I can't update my what's app ...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.