You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing Apple subscriptions

I used to have an INDIVIDUAL Music account and ICloud storage of 200Gb.

I took out an Apple One Premier trial but I don’t really use it enough. Unfortunately, I went to cancel this on the day it renewed so I’ve thrown away £36 this month.

1) Can I cancel and reclaim any of this?

2) I don’t need the Apple One Individual account as I only need Music and 200Gb iCloud storage.

I can’t see how to do this in the subscription options when I go to cancel Apple One Premier. If I cancel the services individually, the Music subscription defaults to the more expensive Family account which I don’t need.

In summary, I need to do the following:

1) Cancel Apple One Premier

2) Renew my individual Music subscription (will I lose any of my music?)

3) Renew my previous 200Gb iCloud storage

iPhone SE

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 4:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 2:39 AM

See if this helps, as cancelling may remove your music library: How to switch to a different subscription plan - Apple Support

If you still don’t get the options try Official Apple Support

6 replies

Aug 18, 2023 8:17 AM in response to picas

Hi Picas.

I’m afraid that doesn’t help resolve matters. As I have taken out an Apple One subscription it would seem that Apple have sucked me into one of their classic Apple customer traps.

The only way to change my current subscription seems to be to change to a different Apple One plan. The problem is that none of them suit my needs. I don’t ever play any arcade games and I don’t use or even like Apple TV.

All I need is an individual Music subscription and 200GB of iCloud storage as I had before. The individual Apple One subscription only gives you the standard 50GB. To get 200GB I would need to buy that separately over and above the Apple One subscription.

I’m cautious about cancelling the Apple One subscription in order to take out an individual Music subscription because I just know that my Music library will get wiped. I have iTunes Match as a backup but that will only save my uploaded CDs (you’d like to think) and music I purchased from iTunes before Music came on stream.

How do I contact someone at Apple who can make these subscription changes for me. I’m not too happy about relying on some computer algorithm online to do it properly.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Changing Apple subscriptions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.