Related Article: About the security content of iOS 15.7.8 and iPadOS 15.7.8

FaceTime and iMessage don't work on my iPad after iOS 15.7.8 update

I updated recently my ipad mini4 with ios 15.7.8, now it doesn’t work correctly, no FaceTime,no message at all. Issues with localizer. Even dial in through the iphone doesn’t work correctly. I called the apple hotline, their help didn’t improve the Situation.Do you have any idea what to do?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad mini 4

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 3:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 6:05 AM

If you are experiencing difficulties with both Messaging and FaceTime, start here:

If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

If you continue to experience difficulties and cannot resolve the problem yourself, you would be best advised to seek assistance directly from from Apple Support. You can contact the Support Team using the Support link at top-right or bottom-left of this page.

Alternatively, you can initiate and manage your support cases from Apple devices using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/app/apple-support/id1130498044

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2023 6:05 AM in response to kor130

If you are experiencing difficulties with both Messaging and FaceTime, start here:

If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

If you continue to experience difficulties and cannot resolve the problem yourself, you would be best advised to seek assistance directly from from Apple Support. You can contact the Support Team using the Support link at top-right or bottom-left of this page.

Alternatively, you can initiate and manage your support cases from Apple devices using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/app/apple-support/id1130498044

Aug 14, 2023 4:28 PM in response to kor130

kor130 wrote:

I updated recently my ipad mini4 with ios 15.7.8, now it doesn’t work correctly, no FaceTime,no message at all. Issues with localizer. Even dial in through the iphone doesn’t work correctly. I called the apple hotline, their help didn’t improve the Situation.Do you have any idea what to do?

And what troubleshooting steps did Apple support have you do that didn't help?

FaceTime and iMessage don't work on my iPad after iOS 15.7.8 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.