Not enough space on mac to back up iPhone to iTunes?

I am trying to sync my iPhone 11 to to iTunes on my mac. Have not had problems in the past but Im getting a error message that's says there's not enough room on my computer to back up and to try deleting some files. I show almost 33 GB available on my hard drive. Shouldn't that be plenty to back up?

Earlier Mac models

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 6:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 7:45 PM

It sounds like it should be, but with all the temp files that are created in the process, who knows? See the 'Delete or copy backups on your Mac or PC' section in:

Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

to create more space for the backup. Also, you can try to empty the trash if you are sure you don't need those files anymore. Those are two simple ways to make more space for the backup.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2023 7:45 PM in response to Cumby

It sounds like it should be, but with all the temp files that are created in the process, who knows? See the 'Delete or copy backups on your Mac or PC' section in:

Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

to create more space for the backup. Also, you can try to empty the trash if you are sure you don't need those files anymore. Those are two simple ways to make more space for the backup.

Not enough space on mac to back up iPhone to iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.