How can I ensure all my "people" are available for selection on Photo shuffle?

On “photo shuffle” Lock Screen selection, not all of my “people” are showing up to be selected? I ensured my software is up-to-date and all photos of that person are identified. Why are only 3/7 people showing up as an option for my photo shuffle?? I tried powering on and off many times. Tried with full charge and while charging. Not sure what else to do.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 7:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2023 10:07 AM

Yes, exactly. We are doing what you suggest. But, there’s no way to select one of my grandchildren, because she is not in the list even though I made sure to have her as one of my “favourite people”. The My People random assortment list that Apple uses to change to my selected 5 people is limited and uses random people that I don’t even have many pictures of over the thousands I have of my grandchildren. You’d think it would at least list all of my favorite people in that menu, but it doesn’t.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2023 10:07 AM in response to claudine260

Yes, exactly. We are doing what you suggest. But, there’s no way to select one of my grandchildren, because she is not in the list even though I made sure to have her as one of my “favourite people”. The My People random assortment list that Apple uses to change to my selected 5 people is limited and uses random people that I don’t even have many pictures of over the thousands I have of my grandchildren. You’d think it would at least list all of my favorite people in that menu, but it doesn’t.

Jan 18, 2024 8:15 AM in response to Krissygracey

The blue text comes up when selecting the actually saved people within your people and pets photo folder that would, ostensibly, show on your iPad/iphone desktop rotation. For instance once you select “people” you would then select “kid A” and “kid B” and those two would show up in blue text. Almost like a hyperlink to your person selections.

This doesn’t work for me either because I think I saved too many people and their names to be recognized by iPhoto.

How can I ensure all my "people" are available for selection on Photo shuffle?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.