Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

If I click erase iPhone does it delate all my pictures ?

I am hesitant in erasing my iPhone, will it delate all my pictures and messages?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 7:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 7:58 PM

Everything on your phone will be gone. If you are not using iCloud Photos, then a restore from last backup will bring back the photos if they are included in your backups. If you are using iCloud Photos, then the photos will be downloaded from iCloud back to your device. The same is true for Messages. Refer to these 2 support articles that shows what is backed up in your iCloud backups and how to use iCloud Photos along with Messages in iCloud.

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2023 7:58 PM in response to crystalm2010

Everything on your phone will be gone. If you are not using iCloud Photos, then a restore from last backup will bring back the photos if they are included in your backups. If you are using iCloud Photos, then the photos will be downloaded from iCloud back to your device. The same is true for Messages. Refer to these 2 support articles that shows what is backed up in your iCloud backups and how to use iCloud Photos along with Messages in iCloud.

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

Aug 14, 2023 7:58 PM in response to crystalm2010

crystal 2000 Said:

"If I click erase iPhone does it delate all my pictures ?: I am hesitant in erasing my iPhone, will it delate all my pictures and messages?"

-------

Perhaps.

Export these First:

If you never create a backup of these photos, then they will be gone. So, create a backup, prior to the reset. Perform as instructed here: Transfer Photos and Videos from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC - Apple Support

If I click erase iPhone does it delate all my pictures ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.