Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Invitations from synced Office 365 account shows as "Invitation from Somebody" instead of the name of the person

When I get an invitation from a co-worker through the native iOS calendar app that has a synced Exchange account on my iPhone, it says "Invitation from Somebody" instead of the name of the person. Why and how to fix?

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 10:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 12:22 AM

1. Is this your corporate iPhone? Then please contact the system administrator of your corporate
  2. If it is your personal device, in that case, do you have any profile installed by your corporate/organisation/enterprise/School Management?
    1. Erase the profile added by you If you have installed a profile on your own --> Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone - Apple ...
    2. Or please contact the system administrator of the organisation who provided the profile to you

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2023 12:22 AM in response to mag911

1. Is this your corporate iPhone? Then please contact the system administrator of your corporate
  2. If it is your personal device, in that case, do you have any profile installed by your corporate/organisation/enterprise/School Management?
    1. Erase the profile added by you If you have installed a profile on your own --> Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone - Apple ...
    2. Or please contact the system administrator of the organisation who provided the profile to you

Aug 15, 2023 12:49 AM in response to SravanKrA

Why do you think what you've written answers my question? On StackExchange you would've been down-voted for replying with a non-answer.

Part 1 of your reply. Please explain how speaking with a sys admin would resolve this?

Part 2 of your reply. There are no profiles on my personal phone.

Part 2 of your reply. Explain why profiles would block a name from appearing on a meeting request?

Effectively your answer was: go and speak with someone else or remove some random stuff from your phone.

Invitations from synced Office 365 account shows as "Invitation from Somebody" instead of the name of the person

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.