Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Unable to connect my JVC camcorder to Mac desktop

The camcorder is a JVC GZ-R15 which I have had for several years but not used for some time now. Never had any problems with my previous Mac, but with this one all I get is buffering on the camcorder screen after pressing "connect to pc: followed by "playback on pc". An HDD icon should appear on my desktop, but there is nothing there. I don't believe there is anything wrong with the cable as I was able to charge it up via the mains but having said that when I previously tried to do the same via my desktop Mac the battery just drained away. I switched USB sockets to no avail, and as far as I am aware the smart card is fine as i can watch the footage i took on it. There is nothing on iMovie(10.3.8) either, so I thought maybe there were compatibility problems, but having checked on an Apple list (2023) this camcorder is very much there so I am flummoxed

iMac 21.5″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 9:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 11:55 AM

Might be a faulty cable. Or maybe insufficient free space on your Mac. Or possibly need to give it more time buffering.

In any event, assuming that you have a card reader or slot, try dragging your vids from the card to the Mac.

-- Rich

Similar questions

2 replies

Unable to connect my JVC camcorder to Mac desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.