Is this a legit apple address: appleid_usen@email.apple.com

I received an email from this email address (appleid_usen@email.apple.com), which said what is pasted below. Does anyone know if that email address is legit?

Your Apple IDinformation has been updated.

Dear (my name),

The following changes to your Apple ID, myemail@gmail.com, were made on August 16, 2023 at 1:00:33 AM GMT+8:

Password

If you did not make these changes or you believe an unauthorized person has accessed your account, you should change your password as soon as possible from your Apple ID account page at https://appleid.apple.com.

Apple Support

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 10:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2023 9:03 AM

Thanks for the very complete update.

Unfortunately, the account is no longer “yours” (i.e. you probably no longer control the access credentials) so it’s doubtful if you can delete it.

(One must first be logged-in to an account in order to delete it)

Best of luck. 👋

Similar questions

4 replies

Aug 15, 2023 1:41 PM in response to lisawhr

After I updated my payment method last time, I got a similar “was this you?” email from Apple.

Reply-To: appleid_ccll@email.apple.com

where cc is the two-letter country code and ll is the two-letter language code.

So to me, your message seems legit.

Identify legitimate emails from Apple - Apple Support

Aug 22, 2023 8:54 AM in response to Chattanoogan

Hi. No, I had not made any changes. This was an old Apple ID that I had used for an ipad, which I haven't signed into in a very long time. I didn't even know what the old password was. I ended up calling Apple, and after some time on the phone with them, they established that someone had indeed gotten access to my account, and my security questions and answers had been changed on it. We knew this immediately because the security questions were written in a different language, along with the answers. I do not have a Mac anymore (could not figure out how to work it, so I went back to a PC), and apparently, the only way to fix it the issue with a Mac, so I am going to have my daughter help me with her Mac as soon as she is able to, to see if we can just delete the ID altogether. Thanks for replying.

Is this a legit apple address: appleid_usen@email.apple.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.