Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Exporting the iMovie content into Files and Youtube

With iPhone14, I dont seem to see option to export file into Files and Youtube. Exporting to Instagram is working fine.

iPhone 14

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 11:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 12:07 PM

Hi,

The export command for an iMovie project in iPhone is "Save". That will save the project video to your iPhone photos app. From there you can Air Drop it to your Mac, or Save to Files on your iPhone.

I'm not seeing any option to direct export to You Tube from the iPhone. From your Mac desktop you can drag the air dropped video into You Tube's upload window.

I don't use iPhone for Mac much, so perhaps there are other ways of doing it than the above. You could try posting your question on the iPhone forum, that deals with iPhone iMovie issues.

-- Rich

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2023 12:07 PM in response to sujatha100

Hi,

The export command for an iMovie project in iPhone is "Save". That will save the project video to your iPhone photos app. From there you can Air Drop it to your Mac, or Save to Files on your iPhone.

I'm not seeing any option to direct export to You Tube from the iPhone. From your Mac desktop you can drag the air dropped video into You Tube's upload window.

I don't use iPhone for Mac much, so perhaps there are other ways of doing it than the above. You could try posting your question on the iPhone forum, that deals with iPhone iMovie issues.

-- Rich

Aug 15, 2023 12:51 PM in response to sujatha100

I believe that there was a problem with You Tube and iMovie not keeping in sync with their respective direct-upload upgrades. In any event, the direct upload feature was causing issues for some users. That may be why it was discontinued, although can’t really speculate on that.

The most reliable way to upload to You Tube now is to export locally and drag the video into You Tube’s upload window.

— Rich

Exporting the iMovie content into Files and Youtube

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.