I forgot my recovery keys pls what do I do

I lost my iPhone recovery keys I need help

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 8:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 8:31 PM

You’ll need to find it.

if you have another trusted device logged into your account, you can generate a new key. Otherwise, there is little that you can do without the key.

How to generate a recovery key - Apple Support

9 replies

Aug 15, 2023 8:49 PM in response to relish144

relish144 Said:

"I forgot my recovery keys pls what do I do: I lost my iPhone recovery keys I need help"

-------

Troubleshooting Recovery Keys:

You may be able to have this created directly by Apple. You'd take it in for a Genius Bar Appointment at your local Apple Store. There, it would be diagnosed, and you'd be provided with your option. You would have to have a proof of purchase with you (i.e. original receipt, packaging invoice, or original packaging) along with a valid ID.

Aug 15, 2023 10:19 PM in response to relish144

See the article How to generate a recovery key - Apple Support

Using a recovery key is more secure, but it means that you’re responsible for maintaining access to your trusted devices and your recovery key. If you lose both of these items, you could be locked out of your account permanently. With that in mind, it's important to keep your recovery key in a safe place. You might want to give a copy of your recovery key to a family member, or keep copies in more than one place. That way you always have your recovery key when you need it.

Note : without a device , and recovery key the account can never be recovered .

I forgot my recovery keys pls what do I do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.