Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Adding “Required passcode to turn off iphone” option

Hey Apple Team,

I hope this email finds you well. I wanted to share a suggestion with you regarding an option that I believe would enhance the security of iPhones.

I think it would be great if you could consider adding a "Required Passcode to Turn Off iPhone" feature. This would add an extra layer of protection to prevent unauthorized access to the device, especially in situations where the phone is lost or stolen.

By enabling this feature, users would be required to enter their passcode before being able to power off the iPhone. This would help in safeguarding personal data and ensuring that the device remains secure even if it falls into the wrong hands.

I believe that this feature would be highly beneficial to iPhone users and would further enhance the already robust security measures provided by Apple. It would provide peace of mind knowing that our devices are protected even in unfortunate circumstances.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my suggestion. I appreciate the continuous efforts of Apple in prioritizing user security and privacy. I look forward to any updates or developments in this regard.

Best regards,

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 2:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 3:54 AM

Hello AbdulHannanHussain24,

You're not addressing Apple here. This is a user to user tech support forum and we, just users like you, are not aware of Apple future plans/decisions.

If you'd like, you can submit your request/comment to Apple directly, using this form:--> Apple – Product Feedback - iPhone

Thanks and regards

Giulio

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2023 3:54 AM in response to AbdulHannanHussain24

Hello AbdulHannanHussain24,

You're not addressing Apple here. This is a user to user tech support forum and we, just users like you, are not aware of Apple future plans/decisions.

If you'd like, you can submit your request/comment to Apple directly, using this form:--> Apple – Product Feedback - iPhone

Thanks and regards

Giulio

Adding “Required passcode to turn off iphone” option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.