Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Can I transfer photos from iCloud to an old iPad that is 16 GB?

I have a very old iPad. I would like to transfer some of my photos from my iPhone to my iPad. Is it possible to do and the iPad is only a 16 GB

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 11:58 AM

Depending on the specific model of iPad, you may be able to either AirDrop the photos or enable iCloud Photo library directly.

click here ➜ Identify your iPad model - Apple Support

The iPad's storage space will determine how many photos you can download to it, but it will not stop iCloud from trying to sync if its turned on. If will just sycn as many photos as it can fit in the free space.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2023 11:58 AM in response to LakeMIGal

Depending on the specific model of iPad, you may be able to either AirDrop the photos or enable iCloud Photo library directly.

click here ➜ Identify your iPad model - Apple Support

The iPad's storage space will determine how many photos you can download to it, but it will not stop iCloud from trying to sync if its turned on. If will just sycn as many photos as it can fit in the free space.

Can I transfer photos from iCloud to an old iPad that is 16 GB?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.