Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Turn on voicemail transcription.

My iPhone takes voicemails, and “automagically” gives me a transcription; I can listen and/or read the transcription on my iPhone 11 with iOS 16. My husband has same hardware and software but does not get the transcript. He wants the transcription feature/function, too.

how does he turn it on?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, 16

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 2:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2023 12:11 AM

Please contact your Carrier as VoiceMail is a carrier-specific feature --> Check your voicemail on iPhone - Apple Support

VoiceMail, whether it's visual voicemail or the traditional voicemail service, is a carrier-specific feature that depends on your cellular service provider. If you are experiencing any issues related to voicemail on your iPhone, it's essential to get in touch with your carrier for assistance. Here's how you can check your voicemail on an iPhone and what steps you should take if you encounter any problems:

Your husband may have another Carrier. You need to contact your Husband's Carrier.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2023 12:11 AM in response to DustyGeorge

Please contact your Carrier as VoiceMail is a carrier-specific feature --> Check your voicemail on iPhone - Apple Support

VoiceMail, whether it's visual voicemail or the traditional voicemail service, is a carrier-specific feature that depends on your cellular service provider. If you are experiencing any issues related to voicemail on your iPhone, it's essential to get in touch with your carrier for assistance. Here's how you can check your voicemail on an iPhone and what steps you should take if you encounter any problems:

Your husband may have another Carrier. You need to contact your Husband's Carrier.

Turn on voicemail transcription.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.