Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

I can't create folders or add bookmarks on my iPhone with the book icon

i used to be able to create folders anywhere and add bookmarks on my iPhone using the book icon. Now it won’t work! Why? iOS update 16.6 created lots of bugs!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 6:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 7:39 PM

Hi Jemmaker, you should be able to add bookmarks using the typical process described in Bookmark a website in Safari on iPhone - Apple Support:

1. Tap the Book icon.
  2. Tap Edit, then do any of the following:
  • Create a new folder: Tap New Folder at the bottom left, enter a name, then tap Done.
  • Move a bookmark into a folder: Tap the bookmark, tap below Location, then tap a folder. Tap ( < ) to return to your bookmarks.
  • Delete bookmarks: Tap the Minus icon, then tap Delete.
  • Rename bookmarks: Tap the bookmark, enter a new name, then tap Done.
  • Reorder bookmarks: Touch and hold Sandwich icon, then drag the bookmark to a new location.

I just tried using these just now on my iPhone and they seem to be working. If these options don’t work for you, let us know what step of the process doesn’t work and we can troubleshoot some more.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2023 7:39 PM in response to Jemmaker

Hi Jemmaker, you should be able to add bookmarks using the typical process described in Bookmark a website in Safari on iPhone - Apple Support:

1. Tap the Book icon.
  2. Tap Edit, then do any of the following:
  • Create a new folder: Tap New Folder at the bottom left, enter a name, then tap Done.
  • Move a bookmark into a folder: Tap the bookmark, tap below Location, then tap a folder. Tap ( < ) to return to your bookmarks.
  • Delete bookmarks: Tap the Minus icon, then tap Delete.
  • Rename bookmarks: Tap the bookmark, enter a new name, then tap Done.
  • Reorder bookmarks: Touch and hold Sandwich icon, then drag the bookmark to a new location.

I just tried using these just now on my iPhone and they seem to be working. If these options don’t work for you, let us know what step of the process doesn’t work and we can troubleshoot some more.

I can't create folders or add bookmarks on my iPhone with the book icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.