Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

All Music is still gone after turning Sync On on Apple Music?

I paid for Apple Music on a student’s discount and when I logged back in, it asked me to create a new username and thought it was weird turns out I can’t access my playlists because I didn’t add music to them even though I turned on Sync On library too.

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 7:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 7:40 PM

Diana_85 Said:

"All Music is still gone after turning Sync On on Apple Music?: I paid for Apple Music on a student’s discount and when I logged back in, it asked me to create a new username and thought it was weird turns out I can’t access my playlists because I didn’t add music to them even though I turned on Sync On library too."

-------

Set Up and Use Family Sharing:

iTunes Store purchases cannot be transferred to another account. So, just stick with the old Apple Account. If that is not an option for you, then share the purchased music through Family Sharing. As a result, all will be accessible between the accounts.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2023 7:40 PM in response to Diana_85

Diana_85 Said:

"All Music is still gone after turning Sync On on Apple Music?: I paid for Apple Music on a student’s discount and when I logged back in, it asked me to create a new username and thought it was weird turns out I can’t access my playlists because I didn’t add music to them even though I turned on Sync On library too."

-------

Set Up and Use Family Sharing:

iTunes Store purchases cannot be transferred to another account. So, just stick with the old Apple Account. If that is not an option for you, then share the purchased music through Family Sharing. As a result, all will be accessible between the accounts.

All Music is still gone after turning Sync On on Apple Music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.