I dont want to add a payment method, but apple is forcing the issue in order to update apps…. Anyway around this? Im not looking to buy anything from my apple id

My card on file expired and im not looking to add another to the account.

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 7:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 7:41 PM

Workermanwash Said:

"I dont want to add a payment method, but apple is forcing the issue in order to update apps…. Anyway around this? Im not looking to buy anything from my apple id. My card on file expired and im not looking to add another to the account."

------

Add, then Remove:

You need at least one method of payment in there. So, add your new card in there, and then remove this one.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2023 7:41 PM in response to Workermanwash

Workermanwash Said:

"I dont want to add a payment method, but apple is forcing the issue in order to update apps…. Anyway around this? Im not looking to buy anything from my apple id. My card on file expired and im not looking to add another to the account."

------

Add, then Remove:

You need at least one method of payment in there. So, add your new card in there, and then remove this one.

I dont want to add a payment method, but apple is forcing the issue in order to update apps…. Anyway around this? Im not looking to buy anything from my apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.