How do I update my iCloud storage payment method?

I just want to update my payment details and not sure how to do it?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 17, 2023 4:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2024 8:00 PM

i Want to update my credit card information to pay for the icloud.

21 replies

Aug 17, 2023 5:12 AM in response to Sivad27

See this article about updating payment methods on various platforms (iPhone, Mac, etc.): If you need to change or update your Apple ID payment method - Apple Support

"If you change your address, the credit or debit card information that you use with your Apple ID might be automatically updated by your financial institution, and you don't need to take action. But if there's an issue [such as you having a subscription or being a Family Sharing Organizer], add a new card first, then remove the old card."

Update your payment method on a Mac

1. Open the App Store.

2. Click your name or the Sign In button.

3. Click Account Settings.

4. Next to Payment Information, click Manage Payments. (If you're using an older version of macOS, click Edit next to Payment Type.)

5. Click Add Payment, then enter the new payment method. Click Done.

Apr 10, 2024 2:08 AM in response to Sivad27

Instructions below state:

1. Open the App Store.

4. Next to Payment Information, click Manage Payments. (If you're using an older version of macOS, click Edit next to Payment Type.)

5. Click Add Payment, then enter the new payment method. Click Done.

Problem is there is no 'Add Payment' shown and I can't remove the old card.

I have 5 cards in Apple Pay.

How do I change the payment card?

Apr 23, 2024 1:57 PM in response to williamfromchateauneuf

williamfromchateauneuf wrote:

Your iCloud+ subscription is charged like all payments, using the top payment method and charging down the list until one works (if applicable/you have multiple methods added). You need to have at least one working payment method (preferably the top one) - If you need to change or update your Apple ID payment method - Apple Support

May 11, 2024 9:17 PM in response to georgefromoxford

This works:

1. Open the App Store.

5. Click Add Payment, then enter the new payment method. Click Done.,

Note: make sure to reorder the default card to the top once you have added the new card. I do find it interesting that I can't do this with my phone on the app store. Tsk Tsk apple nudging people to get into the ecosystem lol.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.