Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Iphobe 14 & Apple watch: no notification sound when screen is locked

Notifications are silent on the iPhone14 (ios 16.6) when Apple Watch is connected and iphone locked

I have tried all suggestions, but still cannot get msg alerts on the iPhone if the watch is connected. Every setting change seems to do nothing. If i turn off bluetooth the notifications start to function fine on the phone.

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 17, 2023 11:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2023 11:09 AM

MAalst wrote:

Notifications are silent on the iPhone14 (ios 16.6) when Apple Watch is connected and iphone locked

That is correct. Things are working as designed.

iPhone locked/watch locked - notifications sound on the iPhone

iPhone locked/watch unlocked - notifications sound on the Watch

iPhone unlocked/watch unlocked - notifications sound on the iPhone

I have tried all suggestions, but still cannot get msg alerts on the iPhone if the watch is connected. Every setting change seems to do nothing. If i turn off bluetooth the notifications start to function fine on the phone.

You can't change it because it's working the way it's supposed to. If you sever the watch's connection to the phone by turning off BT, yes, the watch will stop getting notifications but, it will stop updating lots of other things, too.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2023 11:09 AM in response to MAalst

MAalst wrote:

That is correct. Things are working as designed.

iPhone locked/watch locked - notifications sound on the iPhone

iPhone locked/watch unlocked - notifications sound on the Watch

iPhone unlocked/watch unlocked - notifications sound on the iPhone

You can't change it because it's working the way it's supposed to. If you sever the watch's connection to the phone by turning off BT, yes, the watch will stop getting notifications but, it will stop updating lots of other things, too.

Iphobe 14 & Apple watch: no notification sound when screen is locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.