Your apple ID and phone number are now being used for Facetime on a new ipad

I recently downloaded an app on my kid's ipads that turns off their apps once the timer goes off. however when they do have access my wife, whose apple id is on the ipads, get a pop up every time they can play. i am asking how can we get that pop up to stop every time they log in to play on their ipads. the image below is the pop that she gets on her mac and iPhone.

how do i get the below pop to stop coming up on her mac and iPhone?

MacBook Pro 15″

Posted on Aug 17, 2023 3:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2023 4:02 PM

Apparently the way that app works is to disable Facetime and re-enable it again. The iPad is behaving as it should. If she really does not want that message then you should transition the children to having their own Apple accounts and use parental controls to limit what they can use and when.

Follow the instructions in this support article to create an Apple ID for your child - Create an Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

I am surprised the article doesn't mention these but also look into Screen Time as part of parental controls, and Ask To Buy.

Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

Set up parental controls with Family Sharing on iPhone - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2023 4:02 PM in response to angie315

Apparently the way that app works is to disable Facetime and re-enable it again. The iPad is behaving as it should. If she really does not want that message then you should transition the children to having their own Apple accounts and use parental controls to limit what they can use and when.

Follow the instructions in this support article to create an Apple ID for your child - Create an Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

I am surprised the article doesn't mention these but also look into Screen Time as part of parental controls, and Ask To Buy.

Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

Set up parental controls with Family Sharing on iPhone - Apple Support

Your apple ID and phone number are now being used for Facetime on a new ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.