In need of older version of iMovie.

My 2013 Mac only runs on Catalina.

I need iMovie on this Mac.

Any idea where I can get an older version of iMovie to download and run on this Mac.

Appreciate your help.

Posted on Aug 17, 2023 5:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2023 8:55 AM

Hi,

Try signing in at the app store and click on your name in the left sidebar to view your purchases list in your Account folder. If iMovie is listed you can update from there to the highest version of iMovie that your Catalina operating system will run. If you do not see iMovie listed, check to see if it might be a hidden item. To do that, click on the view information item in the upper right of the Account window.

That will open a pane where you can unhide any hidden items.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2023 8:55 AM in response to TomYotanan

Hi,

Try signing in at the app store and click on your name in the left sidebar to view your purchases list in your Account folder. If iMovie is listed you can update from there to the highest version of iMovie that your Catalina operating system will run. If you do not see iMovie listed, check to see if it might be a hidden item. To do that, click on the view information item in the upper right of the Account window.

That will open a pane where you can unhide any hidden items.

-- Rich

In need of older version of iMovie.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.