How do I change my Apple forum username?

It would seem it is displaying my full name. I cannot edit such in my profile.

Mac Pro, OS X 10.11

Posted on Aug 17, 2023 6:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2023 7:23 PM

I have been hanging around here for about 13 years or so. When I first stated participating, you had to have a very good reason to request a username change. A few years ago, that condition was relaxed and now most users can request a username change just because they want a new username.

At no point, could we as members of ASC change the usernames on our own. It always had to be done by a host.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2023 7:23 PM in response to zurmeees190

I have been hanging around here for about 13 years or so. When I first stated participating, you had to have a very good reason to request a username change. A few years ago, that condition was relaxed and now most users can request a username change just because they want a new username.

At no point, could we as members of ASC change the usernames on our own. It always had to be done by a host.

Aug 17, 2023 7:02 PM in response to zurmeees190

Only a host can change a username. You have to be level two in order report to a host. One of the options in a report is a username issue. I passed your request on to the hosts.

EDIT - I just noticed that you are level 2. If you tap on the exclamation mark next to the bell icon, that brings up the report window.

How do I change my Apple forum username?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.