Is there any improvement on Apple Watch to Play Music directly from watch?

Hi. I found a discussion saying that playing a music directly from Apple Watch is never an option which I found very lame. Since comparing to other smart watches they capable to play music directly from their watch. So, I am curious that is there any request or improvement to Apple Watch that may allow it?

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 9

Posted on Aug 18, 2023 3:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2023 3:30 AM

The Music app on your Apple Watch is a stand-alone app that can be used without your iPhone nearby if you have an active cellular or Wi-Fi connection on the Watch or have downloaded songs beforehand. You can play music stored on Apple Watch, control music on your iPhone, and stream music from Apple Music and Apple Music Voice if you’re a subscriber.

See Play music on Apple Watch - Apple Support and Add music to Apple Watch - Apple Support for more details and instructions on how to use your Watch for your intended purposes. Hope you have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2023 3:30 AM in response to T_Akramin

The Music app on your Apple Watch is a stand-alone app that can be used without your iPhone nearby if you have an active cellular or Wi-Fi connection on the Watch or have downloaded songs beforehand. You can play music stored on Apple Watch, control music on your iPhone, and stream music from Apple Music and Apple Music Voice if you’re a subscriber.

See Play music on Apple Watch - Apple Support and Add music to Apple Watch - Apple Support for more details and instructions on how to use your Watch for your intended purposes. Hope you have a great day!

Aug 20, 2023 5:49 AM in response to ekassos

This is similar general answer I found earlier. So, Apple Watch still need other speaker to hear the music not from it’s own built-in speaker on the watch, right? My watch is cellular model and capable to get mobile data but still whenever I play music from my watch is always ask me to connect to phone or bluetooth speaker. There is no option for choosing watch speaker as a listening medium.

Is there any improvement on Apple Watch to Play Music directly from watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.