VPN for OS 10.14

Hello! I “inherited” my moms old laptop. I’ve tried upgrading to big Sur but there isn’t enough space.

I used to play the sims, and want to again. However “gaming” websites have been blocked. Whenever I download a VPN app, it says the software is too old. Does anyone know of any sites that can provide VPNs for Mac OS 10.14?

Many Thanks!

Posted on Aug 18, 2023 8:04 AM

9 replies

Aug 18, 2023 8:33 AM in response to Katifer5

VPN in not necessary for Mac OS. Third party VPN sites offer no additional security over what Mac OS already provides so really there is no reason to search for one.

However, as you inherited the Mac please search for Apples instructions on “ what to do if you sell, give away or recycle a Mac” it is critical you follow the instructions or all you will have is a huge mess and an unhappy experience with the Mac!!

Aug 18, 2023 9:12 AM in response to Katifer5

Do you have admin access to your router?

Site scan easily be blocked in a router, but they can just as easily be unblocked ... if you have proper rights

Try and log in. If you can, check for blocked sites. If you can't log in, well ... you know where you stand on that issue.

Call you ISP and ask them about blocks ... straight to the horses mouth so to speak.

VPN for OS 10.14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.