Numbers for a Meal Prep Business

I currently have on numbers for my meal prep business a sheet called "Everything" with 4 different graphs (protein / carbs / vegetables / physical) that has columns that contain; Per Price Unit (lbs) & Price Per Unit (oz) and then 3 columns following those that has Unit Price (4oz) / (5oz) / (6oz). The Physical graph just has the pricing for labels, stickers and tupperware, so it just has the total cost im buying it for and "Price Per Unit"

Basically these graphs break down the price/cost for each & every ingredient I have down to the ounce (oz) and pound (lb).

Apart from the "Everything" sheet, I have made another sheet for the gyms I provide meals for. Each gym that contracts me for my meals have different sets of meals because their members are different so I created a sheet that is named after whatever gym it is for. Lets call these sheets "Gym" and "Gym1" just to make things easier. Now within those sheets It breaks down the meals so I can visually see the cost of every meal I'm providing. Below is the break down of the graph for you guys.

Column wise the graph has: Per Unit (lb) Price, Per Price (oz) Price, Meal Unit Price, Wholesale Price, Retail Price, Quantity

Row wise the graph has the ingredients and everything it takes to make the meals including tupperware / stickers & labels. For example purposes in the Row I have: Steak, White Rice, Asparagus, Seasoning / Oil, Tupperware as well as a footer stated "total"

What I can not figure out is typing out the word of whatever ingredient or thing that makes up the meal (tupperware/labels) and having it drag over the information from the "Everything" graph. I do not want to copy and paste and go back and forth between sheets. What I hope to do is type into cell A2 "Steak" and have the "Per Unit (lb) Price" "Per Unit (oz) Price" in the "Everything" sheet pop up in B2 & C2.

The other dilemma is just having the total row be the total per column so i can compare prices (wholesale & retail)

Does this make sense? Thank you guys for helping!!!!

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Aug 18, 2023 3:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2023 7:25 AM

You could have "everything" in one table in a true tabular format. Then use XLOOKUP to extract the data you want.

More on XLOOKUP here:

XLOOKUP - Apple Support

SG

5 replies

Numbers for a Meal Prep Business

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.