Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple News+ introduces Quartiles, a new original spelling game, and Offline Mode for subscribers. Learn more >

Can I remove a “Add to Maps” request?

I mistakenly used the Add to Maps option and wish to cancel the request. Is there a way to do so?

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Aug 18, 2023 8:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2023 8:49 PM

pacrat Said:

"Can I remove a 'Add to Maps' request?: I mistakenly used the Add to Maps option and wish to cancel the request. Is there a way to do so?"

-------

Removing Add to Maps Request:

The location you already entered is in Apple's database. So, there is not to remove. As of it being stored as a location, it is set on your device, and not on Apple's servers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2023 8:49 PM in response to pacrat

pacrat Said:

"Can I remove a 'Add to Maps' request?: I mistakenly used the Add to Maps option and wish to cancel the request. Is there a way to do so?"

-------

Removing Add to Maps Request:

The location you already entered is in Apple's database. So, there is not to remove. As of it being stored as a location, it is set on your device, and not on Apple's servers.

Aug 18, 2023 9:16 PM in response to pacrat

pacrat Said:

"Can I remove a 'Add to Maps' request?: [...]Also, the options to remove or rename a Guide do not seem to work. Do these require Admin rights?"

-------

Contact Apple Support:

If it reads "Pending", then contact Apple Support. They are the Deliverers of the Maps app. So, contact Apple Support, asking to speak with the iTunes Staff.

Apple Contact Us Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get throug

Aug 18, 2023 8:53 PM in response to TheLittles

The location does not exist with the name I entered. I thought I was making a change to my view of the map, not asking Apple to change the name of the location. I wish to remove the request. It still appears as "pending". Also, the options to remove or rename a Guide do not seem to work. Do these require Admin rights?

Can I remove a “Add to Maps” request?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.