Select multiple separated text in pages

Why isn't there the possibility to select multiple lines of text which are separated from each other. For example, I want to select al headings and not the text in between. For some reason Pages doesn't give me this possibility. Could this be in an update please.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 19, 2023 6:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2023 5:31 PM

Hi Ochtenddauw,

Ochtenddauw wrote:

For example, I want to select al headings and not the text in between.

If the pieces of text you want to alter have the same Paragraph Style, you can edit one heading and then update the Style to change all headings.

Create, rename or delete a paragraph style in Pages on Mac – Apple Support (AU)

Regards,

Ian.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2023 5:31 PM in response to Ochtenddauw

Hi Ochtenddauw,

Ochtenddauw wrote:

For example, I want to select al headings and not the text in between.

If the pieces of text you want to alter have the same Paragraph Style, you can edit one heading and then update the Style to change all headings.

Create, rename or delete a paragraph style in Pages on Mac – Apple Support (AU)

Regards,

Ian.

Aug 19, 2023 7:03 AM in response to Ochtenddauw

Since Apple introduced Pages v5 (rewrite) in Oct 2013, there has been no ability to select non-contiguous words, sentences, or any other non-adjacent blocks of text. The "why" is owned by the Pages product team who does not participate here, and as a fellow user, I cannot speculate on their internal implementation decisions.

I would suggest using the Pages application menu to send feedback to the product team, but after nearly ten years without this non-contiguous text selection functionality, there would be an almost negligible chance of the product team reimplementing it.

Both Microsoft Word (including 16.76) and LibreOffice Writer 7.5.5 support non-contiguous text selection. This is about the right tool for job…

Select multiple separated text in pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.