How to upgrade Catalina 10.15.6 to Big Sur. Any body with a solution??

My Mac is up to date with Catalina 10.15.7. I need to install MS Office on this laptop but I can't unless I upgrade to Big Sur operating software, as I understand. My mac will NOT upgrade itself to Big Sur. Probably needs a patch software? Appreciate if someone can suggest a solution and steps. Thank you.

iPhone 4s, iOS 9

Posted on Aug 19, 2023 11:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2023 2:30 AM

If you need for MS Office is that great and a requirement.

As others have mentioned, this machine does not qualify for any additional upGrades in macOS

Explore the Apple Trade-In  Process where the Value of the exiting device could be used against the cost of a new Apple Computer, iPhone or iPad 

Notation - Some devices and depending on the computers age may have little to no value at Trade In time.

But at least the device will not arrive to the Land Fill Site and be recycled in a responsible way by Apple

Or Shop Refurbished Apple computers at an Apple Reduced Cost

Have used both previously and have been satisfied each time.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2023 2:30 AM in response to pavani161

If you need for MS Office is that great and a requirement.

As others have mentioned, this machine does not qualify for any additional upGrades in macOS

Explore the Apple Trade-In  Process where the Value of the exiting device could be used against the cost of a new Apple Computer, iPhone or iPad 

Notation - Some devices and depending on the computers age may have little to no value at Trade In time.

But at least the device will not arrive to the Land Fill Site and be recycled in a responsible way by Apple

Or Shop Refurbished Apple computers at an Apple Reduced Cost

Have used both previously and have been satisfied each time.

Aug 20, 2023 5:05 AM in response to pavani161

Apple decides what Apple Devices can upgrade to newer version of macOS regardless of the amount of RAM or Drive Capacity or condition the machine is.

We, as fellow users just like you, can only point out what the Apple Specification are

Thereafter - nothing more can be done aside from what as been suggested

EDITED

How to upgrade Catalina 10.15.6 to Big Sur. Any body with a solution??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.