Airtag problem ?

The airtag on my dogs collar goes off once or twice a day even when he is NOT wearing it oder he sits right next to me? What is going on ?

Thanks for any info/help

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 19, 2023 12:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2023 2:11 PM

If, after a specific amount of time, when an AirTag is separated (roughly > 50') from its associated iPhone, it will start to beep. It is "assuming" that is was left behind. You should see a notification on your phone as well.

To disable this, you can define that (for example) your home would be a location that you do not want these notifications. You would do this via the Find My app on your phone. From the app, select the Items tab. Then select your AirTag > Notifications > Notify When Left Behind > Notify Me, Except At

Alternately, you can just disable the left behind notifications all together.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2023 2:11 PM in response to ansbachkarin

If, after a specific amount of time, when an AirTag is separated (roughly > 50') from its associated iPhone, it will start to beep. It is "assuming" that is was left behind. You should see a notification on your phone as well.

To disable this, you can define that (for example) your home would be a location that you do not want these notifications. You would do this via the Find My app on your phone. From the app, select the Items tab. Then select your AirTag > Notifications > Notify When Left Behind > Notify Me, Except At

Alternately, you can just disable the left behind notifications all together.

Airtag problem ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.