I can’t download pdf fine on my iPhone 12 Pro

I can’t open or download any pdf file format on my mobile. I don’t know what’s going wrong on where ?

Posted on Aug 19, 2023 4:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2023 12:47 AM

You haven't provided any details regarding the source of the PDF files you're downloading – whether it's from iMessage, email, Safari, or another app.

If you're having trouble opening or downloading PDF files on your iPhone 12 Pro from Safari, there could be several reasons behind this issue. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Ensure that your device has a stable internet connection. PDF files often need to be downloaded from the internet before they can be opened.
  2. Make sure you have enough storage space available on your device to download and open PDF files.
  3. If you have content blockers or ad-blockers enabled, they might interfere with downloading PDFs. Disable them temporarily to see if it makes a difference.
  4. If you're using a specific app to open PDF files, ensure that the app is updated to the latest version. You can update apps from the App Store.
  5. Try downloading and opening different PDF files to determine if the issue is specific to one file or a general problem.
  6. If the issue persists, you can try resetting your network settings. Go to Settings > General > Transfer & Reset Reset > Reset Network Settings. Keep in mind that this will reset all network-related settings, including Wi-Fi passwords, VPN.
  7. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary software glitches. Turn off your iPhone, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
    1. Restart the device. That's it.
    2. Still not solved --> Force restart iPhone - Apple Support
  8. If the issue persists, you can try resetting all settings on your iPhone. This will not erase your data but will reset all personalized settings to their default values. Go to Settings > General > Transfer & Reset > Reset > Reset All Settings and confirm the action. Note that you will need to reconfigure your settings afterward. All settings—including network settings, the keyboard dictionary, the Home screen layout, location settings, privacy settings, and Apple Pay cards—are removed or reset to their defaults. No data or media are deleted.
    1. Reset All Settings: Return iPhone settings to their defaults - Apple Support:- Return iPhone settings to their defaults
    2. You can return settings to their defaults without erasing your content.
    3. If you want to save your settings, back up your iPhone before returning them to their defaults. For example, if you’re trying to solve a problem but returning settings to their defaults doesn’t help, you might want to restore your previous settings from a backup.
  9. Make sure you have the latest updates installed.
    1. Update Over-the-Air (OTA) —> Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support (IN)
    2. Update using iTunes/Finder —> Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support (IN)

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it is recommended to reach out to Apple Support or visit an authorized service center for further assistance. They can provide specific guidance based on your device model and iOS version.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2023 12:47 AM in response to vip115

You haven't provided any details regarding the source of the PDF files you're downloading – whether it's from iMessage, email, Safari, or another app.

If you're having trouble opening or downloading PDF files on your iPhone 12 Pro from Safari, there could be several reasons behind this issue. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Ensure that your device has a stable internet connection. PDF files often need to be downloaded from the internet before they can be opened.
  2. Make sure you have enough storage space available on your device to download and open PDF files.
  3. If you have content blockers or ad-blockers enabled, they might interfere with downloading PDFs. Disable them temporarily to see if it makes a difference.
  4. If you're using a specific app to open PDF files, ensure that the app is updated to the latest version. You can update apps from the App Store.
  5. Try downloading and opening different PDF files to determine if the issue is specific to one file or a general problem.
  6. If the issue persists, you can try resetting your network settings. Go to Settings > General > Transfer & Reset Reset > Reset Network Settings. Keep in mind that this will reset all network-related settings, including Wi-Fi passwords, VPN.
  7. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary software glitches. Turn off your iPhone, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
    1. Restart the device. That's it.
    2. Still not solved --> Force restart iPhone - Apple Support
  8. If the issue persists, you can try resetting all settings on your iPhone. This will not erase your data but will reset all personalized settings to their default values. Go to Settings > General > Transfer & Reset > Reset > Reset All Settings and confirm the action. Note that you will need to reconfigure your settings afterward. All settings—including network settings, the keyboard dictionary, the Home screen layout, location settings, privacy settings, and Apple Pay cards—are removed or reset to their defaults. No data or media are deleted.
    1. Reset All Settings: Return iPhone settings to their defaults - Apple Support:- Return iPhone settings to their defaults
    2. You can return settings to their defaults without erasing your content.
    3. If you want to save your settings, back up your iPhone before returning them to their defaults. For example, if you’re trying to solve a problem but returning settings to their defaults doesn’t help, you might want to restore your previous settings from a backup.
  9. Make sure you have the latest updates installed.
    1. Update Over-the-Air (OTA) —> Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support (IN)
    2. Update using iTunes/Finder —> Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support (IN)

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it is recommended to reach out to Apple Support or visit an authorized service center for further assistance. They can provide specific guidance based on your device model and iOS version.

Nov 5, 2023 10:40 AM in response to vip115

I’m sorry, but I’m not sure what you mean by “program” in this context. If you are looking for a way to open and view PDF files on your iPhone 12 Pro, there are several options available to you.

One option is to use the **Adobe Acrobat Reader** app, which is a free PDF viewer that allows you to open, view, and annotate PDF files on your iPhone 12 Pro. You can download the app from the App Store ¹.

Another option is to use the **Apple Books** app, which is a built-in app on your iPhone 12 Pro that allows you to read and organize eBooks and PDFs. To open a PDF file in Apple Books, simply tap on the file and it will open in the app ².

I hope this helps!

Nov 5, 2023 10:32 AM in response to vip115

Restart your iPhone: Sometimes, restarting the device can help solve problems with opening and downloading files.

Your iPhone... Restart your iPhone... If you are having trouble opening and downloading PDF files on your iPhone, here are some general troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. **Restart your iPhone**: Sometimes, restarting your device can help resolve issues with opening and downloading files.

2. **Update your iPhone**: Make sure that your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. You can check for updates by going to **Settings > General > Software Update**.

3. **Clear Safari cache**: If you're trying to open a PDF file in Safari, try clearing your browser cache. You can do this by going to **Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data**.

4. **Try a different PDF viewer**: If you're still having trouble opening PDF files, try using a different PDF viewer app. Adobe Acrobat Reader is a popular choice and can be downloaded for free from the App Store.

5. **Check your internet connection**: If you're trying to download a PDF file, make sure that you have a stable internet connection. You can also try switching from Wi-Fi to cellular data or vice versa.

Apr 10, 2024 9:57 PM in response to vip115

Got my trusty I phone 12 that I can’t download anything with PDFs or downloads tried to download Berkeley’s Music Theroy and composition it downloaded I looked at it 76 pages closed the tab and it disappeared what is the problem ? !!!!!!!! Makes me want my android back you just download anything go to files check download and there it is not with I phone for some reason what’s up? !!!!!!’

Apr 10, 2024 10:23 PM in response to Zed535

It’s cool just won’t download anything anymore cause I know it’s a waste of time with I phone 12 just got the I phone so it’s not storage space .it totally frustrating downloaded something from Facebook read 12 pages of 76 closed the tab and it disappeared then wasted from 7pm till 11 pm trying to resolve it with no answer won’t waste my time anymore next phone android! Very simple with android never had to deal with this kinda stuff

I can’t download pdf fine on my iPhone 12 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.